People | Alumni | Xiang MaIntern
I was an intern in KMi for the summer of 2008 working on video and camera motion analysis. I am a PhD candidate in the University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.
Keys: image and video processing, image and video indexing, retrieval and classification, video and camera motion analysis, computer vision
Llorente, A., Zagorac, S., Little, S., Hu, R., Kumar, A., Shaik, S., Ma, X. and Rüger, S. (2008) Semantic Video Annotation using Background Knowledge and Similarity-based Video Retrieval, TREC Video Retrieval Evaluation Notebook Papers, Gaithersburg, Maryland, NIST
HypermediaNew Media SystemsSemantic Web &
Knowledge ServicesSocial Software
Future Internet is...
To succeed the Future Internet will need to address a number of cross-cutting challenges including:
- Scalability in the face of peer-to-peer traffic, decentralisation, and increased openness
- Trust when government, medical, financial, personal data are increasingly trusted to the cloud, and middleware will increasingly use dynamic service selection
- Interoperability of semantic data and metadata, and of services which will be dynamically orchestrated
- Pervasive usability for users of mobile devices, different languages, cultures and physical abilities
- Mobility for users who expect a seamless experience across spaces, devices, and velocities