People | Alumni | Nailah AbdullahVisiting Researcher
I am working on analyzing dialogues of Flashmeeting across different situations, such as student-teacher meetings and European Union project meetings. My interests are in trying to model social and psychological cognitive processes through looking into changes in the resequencing of conversations. I am also keen to relate the analysis to tools.
Specifically I tie the observation to learning and communication theories at the neural level.
Keys: Flashmeeting, BuddySpace, MSG, cognitive processes, conversation analysis, neuropsychology.
HypermediaNew Media SystemsSemantic Web &
Knowledge ServicesSocial Software
Future Internet is...
With over a billion users, today's Internet is arguably the most successful human artifact ever created. The Internet's physical infrastructure, software, and content now play an integral part of the lives of everyone on the planet, whether they interact with it directly or not. Now nearing its fifth decade, the Internet has shown remarkable resilience and flexibility in the face of ever increasing numbers of users, data volume, and changing usage patterns, but faces growing challenges in meetings the needs of our knowledge society. Globally, many major initiatives are underway to address the need for more scientific research, physical infrastructure investment, better education, and better utilisation of the Internet. Within Japan, USA and Europe major new initiatives have begun in the area.
To succeed the Future Internet will need to address a number of cross-cutting challenges including:
- Scalability in the face of peer-to-peer traffic, decentralisation, and increased openness
- Trust when government, medical, financial, personal data are increasingly trusted to the cloud, and middleware will increasingly use dynamic service selection
- Interoperability of semantic data and metadata, and of services which will be dynamically orchestrated
- Pervasive usability for users of mobile devices, different languages, cultures and physical abilities
- Mobility for users who expect a seamless experience across spaces, devices, and velocities