Call for Workshop Proposals
The K-CAP 2003 Program Committee invites proposals for the Workshop Program
for K-CAP 2003, to be held in Sanibel, Florida, USA.
Workshops will be held on October 25 and 26th, 2003, immediately after the end of the main conference. Note that this year K-CAP'2003 is held in conjunction with the 2nd International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC2003).
K-CAP workshops will provide an informal setting
where workshop participants will have the opportunity to discuss specific technical
topics in an atmosphere that fosters the active exchange of ideas. Our aim for the workshop
programme is to promote and collect multidisciplinary research directions and
potentially interesting technologies for efficiently capturing knowledge
from a variety of sources. Members from all research areas related to
knowledge capture are invited to submit workshop proposals. We particularly welcome workshops
at discipline boundaries.
To encourage interaction and a broad exchange of ideas, each
workshop will be limited to 30 participants and ample time will
be allotted for general discussion.
Important Dates for Workshops
- May 2, 2003: Proposal submission deadline
- May 9, 2003: Acceptance notification
- May 19, 2003: Publications of Call for Participation
- September 1, 2003: Publication of K-CAP 2003 workshop program
- October 1, 2003: Deadline for camera-ready workshop notes and other information
- October 25-26, 2003: K-CAP 2003 workshops
Requirements for Submission
Proposals for workshops should be between two and four pages in length, and should
contain the following information:
- Contact information of the proposer (Name, Department, University, Telephone, Fax and Email)
- A brief technical description of the workshop, specifying the workshop
goals and the technical issues that will be its focus.
- A description of the workshop format emphasising how the format will encourage discussion.
- A brief discussion of why and to whom the workshop is of interest.
- A description of the qualifications of the individual committee members with respect to organizing the workshop, including a list of workshops previously arranged by any members of the proposed organizing committee, if any.
- A preliminary call for workshop papers.
All proposals should be submitted by electronic mail, to firstname.lastname@example.org,
in PDF or Microsoft Word, as soon as possible but no later than April 28, 2003. Prospective
organizers will be notified of the committee's decision no later than May 7, 2003.
Each workshop organizing committee will be responsible for producing a Call for
Participation for their workshop by May 19, 2003. By October 1, 2003, workshop
organizing committees must provide any working notes to be duplicated for the
workshops (up to a maximum of 150 pages), and a list of audio-visual requirements
and any special room requirements.
K-CAP will be responsible for the following:
- Providing publicity for the workshop series as a whole.
- Providing logistics support and a meeting place for the workshop.
- Duplicating working notes as described above and distributing them to the
Please send your proposals and any inquiries to:
Conference home page: http://sern.ucalgary.ca/ksi/K-CAP/K-CAP2003/